Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

Re: Got Game? Get Rewarded!

This has nothing to do with the port-a-thon rewards, unfortunately.

pulseapps wrote:

Hi, I submitted 3 apps during the got game port-a-thon.

Two have been approved and are on sale in app world.

I received an email on Tuesday saying:

"Congratulations! Your BlackBerry®PlayBook app has successfully ported to BlackBerry® 10."

It doesn't say what app they are referring to and doesn't mention the $100 reward...

I don't know why I only got the one email when two of my apps have been approved. Is that normal?

The email had a code to 'claim your 500 reward points and ‘Porting to BlackBerry 10’ badge.'

Is the rewards email a seperate notification? Anyone know when payouts are happening?

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pulseapps
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

So what's the general consensus? Is there anyone I should contact or is it just a case of waiting? How will I know if my apps are regarded as eligible?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

I am sure they are overloaded with apps, and if your app will not make it to the store from first try, they will give you opportunity to resubmit it again.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Confession1996
My Carrier: n/a

@pulseapps: I messaged RIM through the BB Dev Portal, and got a response that just stated the following: "Due to the amount of application we received during the port-a-thon it's taking a little longer to work through all the applications." They didn't provide any information regarding the rewards or anything I really wanted to know. I've still got several apps pending since the port-a-thon. I've messaged a few different people and received no other response other than that email. Its probably just a waiting game from here. I'm a little surprised they didn't anticipate this many apps. They were giving away cash and devices! Who wouldnt jump on this? -- will post if I hear more.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pulseapps
My Carrier: Orange

Lou Gazzola got back to me on twitter to say:

"we had problems with our data. I believe we got everything. Email update going out this week."

So hopefully should receive some kind of update this week, sit tight until then I guess :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

I just got my last app approved.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
armengar
My Carrier: AT&T

Is this still ongoing?  If not, is there going to be another session?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
appcannon
My Device: Developer

Have you heard anything from RIM about getting your rewards?  I got my last app approved yesterday as well and haven't heard anything.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Device: PlayBook

Lou is sending out an update this week according to rumours.  I don't think anyone has received instructions on how to claim the awards.  I haven't.

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

Lou confirmed that they will send out instructions on how to claim the rewards shortly after update.

Lou:

we are sending out emails this week to confirm rewards as we missed some games. And we'll start sending the rewards shortly.

So nobody received any instructions yet.

Please use plain text.