Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Got Game? Get Rewarded!

No email yet for 2nd port-a-thon for me.

There is now a community port-a-thon.  What does it mean?  Does NDK qualify? :smileyhappy:

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Contributor
appcannon
My Device: Developer

Has anyone receieved their payments yet?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

Nope, neither Dev Alpha.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Confession1996
My Device: Playbook

I haven't gotten payment yet. The email I received stated, 'within 4 - 6 weeks'. That was on 12/20.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

I got my email on 12/14 and it stated 2-4 weeks

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

I received mail about Dev Alpha reward 4 hours ago but given the fact that it takes at least one week to get it shipped to my country, if I fill the shipping form now; plus at least 1-2 weeks at customs for package inspection/import fees, I will get it after 21st which automatically disqualifies me from trade-up program(App is ready and waiting to be submitted, but I have no PIN for my Dev Alpha). Also, do they ship them as one package or as separate ? I don't want to hit high import fees.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

Yes, they ship is as one package. I am not sure about laws in your contry, but last time I received playbook it was it`s price was declared $0.00

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Laws in my country allow declared value up to 45 euro to pass without import fee, for computer devices. 0 is special case - they don't accept it and retail value is considered.

But Dev Alpha is technically a cell phone and fees are quite high for that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
appcannon
My Device: Developer

They'll have to make exceptions to the 21st date, otherwise those receiving a Dev Alpha from this latest "Community" portathon will basically received a bricked, useless device.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Device: PlayBook

appcannon wrote:

They'll have to make exceptions to the 21st date, otherwise those receiving a Dev Alpha from this latest "Community" portathon will basically received a bricked, useless device.

Which could still be used as a paperweight.  :smileyhappy:

But you made a good point.  And it seems the deadline for submitting new apps for ye B4B 10K commitment is now the 13th instead of the 11th.

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.