Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer

Re: H264 support [ New ]

What OS version are you running?

For 10.1, the NALU/AnnexB stuff should be fixed.  I verified that VLC would play back my raw _H264 stream.

Feel free to paste your camera_set_video_property() and camera_set_videovf_property() code and maybe we can see what's wrong?

Cheers,

Sean

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rakib062
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I am facing the same problem. I called camera_start_encode, but could not play the returned data in the callback after writing it in a file. Here is the code portion:

camera_set_videovf_property(mCameraHandle,
                                    CAMERA_IMGPROP_WIN_GROUPID, group.toStdString().c_str(),
                                    CAMERA_IMGPROP_WIN_ID, id.toStdString().c_str()

camera_set_video_property( mCameraHandle,
                                                                CAMERA_IMGPROP_HEIGHT,640,
                                                                CAMERA_IMGPROP_WIDTH,480,
                                              CAMERA_IMGPROP_VIDEOCODEC,CAMERA_VIDEOCODEC_H264,
                                          CAMERA_IMGPROP_FRAMERATE, (double)30.0 )

Also I have used AVC1 codec still it does not work. Another approach was calling camera_start_video and then save the data returned in the video callback. In all cases I get framesize 104. Also the total size of data seems very little to me.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator

Any solutions to this please? Any H264 Camera Video Recorder sample we can test please?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer

I think you solved your problem, right nemoryoliver?

Please use plain text.