Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Contributor
LittleGruz
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-02-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

Using its IP address in place of the host name provides no change. I have contacted the company IT guys to enquire if it could be a potential network issue, they disagree, but are open to suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
Posts: 571
Registered: ‎06-25-2010
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

Thanks. I'm not suggesting it's a network issue, just enumerating the possibilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LittleGruz
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-02-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

I know, I just wanted to rule out a few potential reasons of failure :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
Posts: 571
Registered: ‎06-25-2010
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

What result code are you getting returned from your call to :

res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LittleGruz
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-02-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

[ Edited ]

I am getting a "6" using the server name.

So:

CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6)
   Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.

 and a "7" with the IP address.

CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT (7)
   Failed to connect() to host or proxy.

 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jomurray
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎09-06-2010
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

Hi,

 

@mwoolley is taking a well earned holiday at the moment.

 

My own 2p worth would be that since you're going through a BES in both the case of the Browser URI and the request from libCurl it's the BES that's perfoming the DNS lookup and routing behind the company firewall so there ought to be a record in the BES logs (MDS) of how it handled both the browser sourced URI and the libCurl sourced URI.

 

It would at least give you some new information to work with and maybe an indication of any difference between the two requests and how BES was handling them. I can think of a number of possible differences between these two requests ( the User Agent header field's are probably different etc. ).

 

 

---------------------------------------
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Found a bug? Report it here
Follow me on Twitter @jcmrim
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LittleGruz
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-02-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

I checked out the log files on the BES and spotted the browser request but could not discern a request from the app. In the MDS log file it writes logs each minute so I spammed browser requests within one minute and requests from the app in the next minute. However, I am unable to find a significant difference between those two minutes and the surrounding (unspammed) minutes. That could be due to not complete understanding of every number in the MDS log file.

 

I hope mwoolley has a great holiday :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
svmrajesh
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎07-23-2013
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

Try this link.. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/webservice-help-json/m-p/2575767#M46724

 

It will help you..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*************Plese *********LIKE**** & ****ACCEPT as Solution*** If you got suggestion for your Query.

@RAJESH SVM ----- Blackberry Mobile App Developer, Blaze, India.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LittleGruz
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-02-2013
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: HTTP request with libcurl fails across mobile network

I have been able to rule out potential causes, but I have not been able to make it work. So I have now ditched the app and moved onto a creating a BB10 specific CSS file for website access.

Please use plain text.