Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
ahsan_iqbal
My Device: BlackBerry Play book
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Having issue in file handling in release mode?

Hi

I am working on a game, uptil now I was using device-debug configuration and every thing was working ok,

But in device-release even game works ok except data saving that was working well in device-debug configuration is not working with no exception or somthing like that, I was saving my game state data in "app/native/assets/savedata" but I found on documentation that "app" folder is read only, so now I changed my code so that it should right on "data/savedata" for that I created a directory named "savedata" under "data" it is also working in debug mode but being crashed in release mode.

Regards

Ahsan

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: Having issue in file handling in release mode?

I assume the documentation you read was:

(You can find these by going to the main documentation page https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/, selecting Documentation, and scrolling down to Filesystem Access)
If you are crashing it should be easy to track down your issue.  Where do you crash?  Are your variables what you expect?   Do you get an error returned when you create or open the directory?
Stuart
Please use plain text.