Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Help Dev Alpha C not booting with red exclamation mark battery dead also

i have dev alpha C and unfortunately i bricked my dev C. previously it was running hybrid 10.1.1485.

now its showing red exclamation mark in red battery when ever i try to put charger or USB. i tried the below given methods which i searched in internet but none of them are working for me.

1: tried repair via blackberry link )showing error null)
2: tried updating the same hybrid auto loader (windows xp, windows 7 home starter 32 bits), i started autoloader then when it show connecting to bootrom i put my device in usb, a green light comes and autoloader finished intalling with some steps, but again same issue... a red light first blinks.. then it shows a exclamation mark with red battery.

3: tried updating the new autoloader 10.1. 4282 and 10.1. 1722 or something.. same error.

4 tried two volume up and down thing. then 3 things both volume up and down and power.... same issue.

5: at last i downloaded the official blackberry dev c os and tried to install.. again same issue

now can any one of you help me out with it.

thank you very much. please help me out.

All Replies
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

Re: Help Dev Alpha C not booting with red exclamation mark battery dead also

Can you try with a genuine Blackberry charger and not the USB ones. I notice this exclamation mark on my playbook if I use other chargers or USB. So may be its something similar
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.