Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Help finding issue "Type Unescaped backslashes are deprecated."

I tried searching the forums but didn't see anything useful on this error.  Not sure what I changed that is now causing this error but when I compile I get the following errors:

Description                                Resource    Path    Location    Type
Unescaped backslashes are deprecated.      WeatherPilot        line 77     C/C++ Problem
make[2]: *** [o-g/WeatherPilot] Error 1    WeatherPilot                    C/C++ Problem
make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2               WeatherPilot                    C/C++ Problem
make: *** [Simulator-Debug] Error 2        WeatherPilot                    C/C++ Problem

The fact that it gives me a line number but no filename makes me think it is coming from an autogenerated file.  That and the only icon with a red x in the project explorer is associated with the JavaScript Resources sub group WeatherPilot, which is my projects name.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Help finding issue "Type Unescaped backslashes are deprecated."

Hi,

I suggest checking a compiler output for more detailed description of errors (it should be on Console tab). If it isn't there, try cleaning and rebuilding the project.

Problems tab contains parsed errors and IDE doesn't always extract them correctly.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

Re: Help finding issue "Type Unescaped backslashes are deprecated."

Thanks, I was able to figure out that I had to update one of the QNX environment variables to use a forward slash instead of a backslash.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero