Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany
Accepted Solution

Help me integrate generated code into a ndk/cascades project

Please ignore my expert status as it is only java-related, my c/c++ knowledge is mainly dating back to university.

My goal:

Call a function on the Microsoft Exchange Webservices (EWS).

What i try:

1) I downloaded Wsutil.exe, a tool to generate c-code from a wsdl

see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd430644(v=vs.85).aspx

(it is in the windows SDK 

2) I call the utility with the wsdl/xsd of the Exchange webservice, it generates several c- and h- files

3) I open Momentics with the hellocascades sample 

4) I throw all of the c/h files into the hellocascades src folder, add #include for the three generated h files and press compile

5) I get a lot of errors, for example 'WCHAR' does not name a type

Is it possible that the generated code is only for Visual Studio and Momentics needs further imports or something like this? 

I have attached the generated code as well as the webservices classes (wsdl+xsd), but not Wsutil.exe and wsutilhelper.dll as i don't like executables delivered by unknown people myself.

I know that this is not the easiest way to start, but i need a real target and compiling helloworld does not give me a thing.

If anybody had a small bit of time to give me some hints here I would be thankful. 

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Re: Help me integrate generated code into a ndk/cascades project

Ok, i found one major problem, further down in the generated code it requires #include <WebServices.h>
and, according to http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/38535/A-first-look-at-the-Windows-Web-Services-API
some additional imports.
Now i am trying to figure out how i can get the WebServices.h import working
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I think you're going to run into even bigger issues than that as I see it requires at least one .dll file to be linked which means you will most likely need to have a way to recompile that library as well.

Also, what I find easiest for me when trying to move/port something is to create a sudo directory structure under my project to move all the files into. ie if you need to import windows/services/someservice.h then i would make the directory tree for windows/services under my project directory and include the file there and just pass that structure as one of the include argument (-I. if needing windows/services/someservice.h and -Iwindows/services if needing just someservice.h).

Developer

i gave up on the wws, it required dependencies after dependencies, and even with the full SDK installed i did not find all the required h files.
opening a new thread for gsoap now :smileyhappy:
@SimonHain on twitter