Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: BlackBerry Developer

Help!!!! "Downloading and starting the application..." has encountered a problem.

hello,

When i Run As -> BlackBerry Tablet OS C\C++ Application , alert this error :

"Downloading and starting the application..." has encountered a problem.

Unable to determine returned PID from launch.

I use the PlayBook 2.0 simulator and i have Set Active with the Simulator-Debug.

plz someone help me,

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Help!!!! "Downloading and starting the application..." has encountered a problem.

Hi,

This is a know issue and we are currently working on it. 

Here is a possible workaround: Launch the app from the Navigator and accept permissions in the permission dialog (if any) and then close it. Restart loading from IDE.

I will create an issue in our issue tracker and post the link shortly so you can track its progress!

Thanks, Ram

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: BlackBerry Developer

Re: Help!!!! "Downloading and starting the application..." has encountered a problem.

thanks , I'll try this workaround . now I'm using the device-debug .
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

I have the same problem. Fortunately I have a device for testing...

New Developer
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Here's something that has worked for me in some circumstances.

ssh to the sim/device (here's a guide to ssh'ing http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/guide-ssh-your-playbook-640410/).  You need to be connected to the sim (or device) and be in developer mode. 

use pidin to see if your app is running (or pdebug).

slay -f pdebug

slay -f <your app>

sometime I have had to slay qconn and then reconnect.

I've noticed that my problems with the sim mostly come from suspending my laptop while in the middle of debugging.

Norm

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I also face this issue when i run my application on BB10 dev Alpha device. Till yesterday evening it works fine now from morning it give this error "Unable to find PID " that error is coming. In the homescreen it dispaly error 8. I did not find any solution on that. please help me on that regard.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL

Hi,

When you look at the error description at (<install location>/target/qnx6/usr/include/errno.h) it says

#define ENOEXEC          8  /* Exec format error                        */

Can you confirm if you are using the right NDK version (Ex. not the playbook NDK?) to deploy to the BB Dev Alpha device?

Ram

Contributor
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: movistar

The only "solution" is reset device with BlackBerry manager, but its really annoying do that every time when this errors appear.

RIM should fix this bug soon because is annoying when programming

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha, Z10
My Carrier: MTS

I also have similar problem! After first run of the app I get "unable to determine returned pid from launch" in IDE and this moment screen of device unfortunaly is black. But power button and volume buttons still works (I can see indication on screen). Looks like UI shell is crashed! The device restart or reset cant help because after this device always show only colored bubbles! Only one thing helped it's restore the device using BB Desktop Software but it's too long! And it will work only for first run after will be black screen. :smileysad: Help me please.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

indeed its very annoying.

I've posponed my app's development until this gets fixed.

Everyone having this problem see here:

No fix until AFTER 2.1 :smileysad:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/error-12-and-Unable-to-determine-returned-...