Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

How can I handle incoming calls when my application is in running?

Hii all,

Is there any API to handle incoming calls or sms while my application is running? I want place my application in background & let user attain call when any incoming call is reported.

Regards,

Nishant Shah

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How can I handle incoming calls when my application is in running?

For BB10 there is as of yet no API for this, though the "Flight Arrival Boards" may give you some idea what is on the horizon.

I don't think the use case makes sense though... the operating system will be handling incoming calls, and notifying the user in some fashion, and it's not your application's job to get out of the way like that.  Perhaps the user wants to ignore the call. In any case, it will be a trivial gesture (corner swipe?) on the part of the user to answer the call. 

I don't think you should be trying to deal with it any differently than any other app will, which is to say by ignoring it completely and doing nothing.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!