Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: How do I delete an app from the BB10 simulator (10.2.1.1925)?

Ok, just wanted to rule that out. :smileyhappy:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Ok, I got to wondering if there was any other way to delete apps other than the long-press method. Back in the Legacy BBOS days I had a third party tool for cleaning out zombie apps that weren't properly deleted by the system. I suddenly remembered that the vnBB10 sideloading tool has an uninstall feature, but I wan't sure if it would work on a Simulator.

I fired it up and entered the Simulator IP address, but vnBB10 complained that I couldn't leave the password field blank. Luckily you can set a password for a Simulator just like on a physical device. After doing that vnBB10 connected to the VM fine and the installed apps page showed an app I had loaded on there from Momentics. Checked the box next to it and told vnBB10 to uninstall it and voila... gone.

I didn't try this with the 10.2.1 Simulator, and anyway this may be an issue that only you are encountering, so I leave it up to you to see if it works for you. I'd be interested to know if it does.

Don't forget to remove the Simulator password again when you are done.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
BBSJdev

[ Edited ]

You could always try deleting from the Settings -> App Manger -> Device Monitor screen as well, just select the app and then select the Delete ActionItem on the next screen.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer
0x9F
My Device: Z10

I can't find Settings -> Device Monitor.

Developer
0x9F
My Device: Z10

I'm prepared to live with spurious apps for the time being. I'll just hope it gets fixed in a future version.

Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Ok, but it took me about 60 seconds using vnBB10. :Yes:

Of course if you are not using a Windows box for development the point is moot since I don't think vnBB10 is cross-platform.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
BBSJdev

Sorry missed a step it would be Settings -> App Manager -> Device Monitor then select the Storage option then select the App you wish to remove then hit the Delete ActionItem.