Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
casantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, Q10

How do I use the custom picker classes?

Hi,

The 10.1 Beta Release Notes mention the availability of new classes to build custom pickers, Picker, PickerKind and PickerProvider. They are not docomented in the reference, however. Could some kind soul tell me where the documentation is?

I'm a bit confuse about the possibility of using those classes to develop for the Dev Alpha or Z10. The release notes led me believe that they can be used only on the -- still not released -- Q10 or on its emulator. It that a correct interpretation?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: How do I use the custom picker classes?

casantos wrote:

I'm a bit confuse about the possibility of using those classes to develop for the Dev Alpha or Z10. The release notes led me believe that they can be used only on the -- still not released -- Q10 or on its emulator. It that a correct interpretation?

That's my interpretation as well. As I recall, the notes state that apps built with the 10.1 beta are incompatible with earlier releases, so I would not expect to be able to run those apps on the Z10 or Dev Alphas yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

I'm in the middle of writing a tutorial for this.  Hopefully will be done today.  I can confirm it works on the q10 simulator but I haven't tried of my z10 however I would imagine it wouldn't because its new to 10.1. Hold tight... :smileywink:

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

[ Edited ]

Documents have been updated with api references for it: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__picker.html  Still working it into a tutorial though.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan