Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user
My Carrier: none

How do they do this in Remember App

In the Rember Application they provide a table view with a grid of icons.  When you do a short click it opens up the  item, when you hold the itme it provides a menu from the side.

I would like to have the same behavior and functionality in my application. 

1) Is there an easy way to distingius between a hst click and long one, or do I hav eto add my own timing features to keep track.

2) What is the menu that pop's pop with long click that comes from the side, it does not look like the usual context menu as they pop up from the bottom. 

This is really a simple beautiful app. It could server well as a reference app.  I think you should consider openning up such an app and provide the source as a reference.  There are lots of examples in your documentation but they fail to provide a complete full blown picture of creating a real app like this.  I urge you to open up a few semi-large real apps as references to your developers - one for QML and one for C++)

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How do they do this in Remember App

What Remember app is this?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How do they do this in Remember App

These two features are part of the UI and covered well in the cascades documentation.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.