Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
Cedrik
My Device: None - Playbook only.
My Carrier: None

Re: How to buid sign and deploy from the QtSDK

[ Edited ]

jsprenger,

Try to add this to your bar-descriptor.xml file :

<arg>-platform</arg>
<arg>blackberry</arg>

**Edit: Uhmmm i saw after that you have the arg in your command line...I don't think you need the "-arg".  You could try only "-platform blackberry".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsprenger
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Cedrik,

thanks for the suggestion.

I tried (-platform blackberry), and get the same message from the log file.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsprenger

SporadicSoftware,

I added the following two lines to main.cpp int my Qt project.

QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath("app/native/lib");
    qputenv("QT_QPA_FONTDIR", "/usr/fonts/font_repository/monotype");

Adding the library path, now gives more a more complete picture. This is what comes back from the log now (see below).  Seems like the libs on the PB are not matching the Qt build of the app that I'm deploying.

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/libQtCore.so.4"
"The file '/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/libQtCore.so.4' is not a valid Qt plugin."
         not a plugin

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/libQtGui.so.4"
"The file '/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/libQtGui.so.4' is not a valid Qt plugin."
         not a plugin

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/platforms/libblackberry.so"

QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/platforms/libblackberry.so" :
"Cannot load library /apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/platforms/libblackberry.so: (Library cannot be found)"

"Cannot load library /apps/org.demo.someapp.testDev_emo_someappcbc83a6c/native/lib/platforms/libblackberry.so: (Library cannot be found)"
           could not load

Failed to load platform plugin "blackberry". Available platforms are:

Is there a simple Qt project known to work on the PB for download somewhere that I can test? I already have the helloworld working, but that may be too simple.

Jeff.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cedrik
My Device: None - Playbook only.
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Last time I had this error (Failed to load platform plugin "blackberry". Available platforms are)

I added this in the xml file :

<arg>-platform</arg>
<arg>blackberry</arg>

If those lines don't work...I don't know what is it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Carrier: ...

sporadicsoftware wrote:
OP: Did you build Qt for the Playbook using the github qt? Or did you just use the Qt port you mentioned? I thought that port didn't have all of the Qt components. I did see that RIM posted Qt binaries for 4.8 for the PB for Win and Linux. Too bad I run OSX.

I have been using the github port though I am going to try the current 4.8 build and see if its any better...

Qt only comes with the basic qml components, you need to make your own or use the ones I or Peter have compiled and posted for the pb.

I have not looked into hooking the debug output into Qt yet but BGmot has posted a nice tutorial that explains how to deploy with momentics, this will give you the debug output on the console I believe...

Good luck!

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Regarding fonts: PB does not care about what fonts you have in this folder, the imprtant thing is to set up this ..FONT_DIR to the folder that exists on PB.
Regarding failure to load plugin try deploying QtOpenGL.so as well. From your ouptut I see that your app tries to search libblackberry.so but does not find blackberry plugin. That happened to me only when libQtOpenGL.so was missing.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sporadicsoftware
My Device: Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

So you mean that the normal GUI components I would use to build a Qt application for Windows or Linux are not built for the Playbook Qt? That is why I would have to use your Symbian components? What about all of the Qt classes?

I am building Qt from the 4.8 source on OSX right now. I did have to fetch some mkspecs from the git repository to get the configure to work.
Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo
My Device: 9700+PB
My Carrier: sfr

Hi,

I've managed at last to cross compile my own Arm QT port on my xubuntu.

My good old small netbook handled the  compilation  today in a less than a couple of hours wil I was surfing at the same tiime.

Then I've run make and make install in my helloworld folder ;

so far so good. 

I've requested a new pair of signing keys and received them.

Now it's high time to build that famous bar file;

I cannot find adequate informations on how to prepare a clean .xml file to give to blackberry-nativepackager,

can anyone show a .xml file adequate for  the helloworld app ?

Tks in advance !

---------<={##}=>---------
I.Ravelo; Renault S.A.S. Corporate BBOS Java Apps Lead Conceptor/Coder; Qt learner
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsprenger

iravelo:

http://wiki.qt-project.org/QNX

There's a BAR descriptor (.xml) file example here for the helloword app. Maybe ths is what you're looking for.

Jeff.

Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo
My Device: 9700+PB
My Carrier: sfr

Jeff,

thanks, I've seen that

I've now written a script to generate it.

---------<={##}=>---------
I.Ravelo; Renault S.A.S. Corporate BBOS Java Apps Lead Conceptor/Coder; Qt learner
Please use plain text.