Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
nareshkodumuri
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: BlackBerry

How to change/replace the tabs on the action bar(bottom) in Tabbed Pane?

Hi,

Is there any way to replace the tabs on the actionbar.In my application first  i have tab1,tab2 and tab3 on the action bar after an action for eg: button click etc., i want to replace the tabs and show tab4,tab5 and tab6 on the action bar. Please reply me fast it is very urgent for me.

Regards,

Naresh.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How to change/replace the tabs on the action bar(bottom) in Tabbed Pane?

If you change the order of the tabs, then you could have 4, 5, and 6 appear there. Which ones appear there is tied to the order, so you have no other options except if you want to remove all tabs from the action bar (showing them only in the tab area) and "fake" it with Action items instead.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
nareshkodumuri
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: BlackBerry

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks peter for ur reply,Got the solution.

Regards,

Naresh Kodumuri.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I don't have time to look over the code right now (maybe someone else can) but I was just pointing out that the TabbedPane has a particular way that it works, and you can't change that. If you allow Tabs to appear in the ActionBar, then the first three Tabs will appear there... you're stuck with that if you show Tabs in the action bar.

If you want to fake it with regular Actions, simulating links to other Tabs, then you could do that, but of course it's also then your job to manage the other Actions that would otherwise appear there. If you have others present, but you don't want them moving to the overflow area, then you'll have to remove them temporarily.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.