Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

How to create an item in HUB

Hi,

I am new to BB. I would like to create app that will use HUB. I want to add own icon to HUB and when you tap on it it will show a list of something on right side, similar to calls. I also would like to use system icons for missed calls, sms etc.

Would you please show me a direction where I could find some information how to achive this, I am not able to find it...

Thanks

Peshak

New Developer
My Device: waiting for new device
My Carrier: vinaphone

Re: How to create an item in HUB

[ Edited ]

I think it's stock function.

that's why only App that made by RIM were added into the hub ( such as facebook, tweeter, linkin)

Dev BB10 for food Smiley Happy.
New Contributor

Thanks for answer. I am not sure if I understand what you mean by "stock function". You mean that it is blocked somehow by RIM or we are waiting untill they allow it?

Developer
My Device: None
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, this doesn't appear to be supported for 3rd party developers. What you can do is either send an "notification" with an attached invocation, that will open your app. Unfortunately it looks ugly, and is a bad solution. The icon is an alarm bell (the same one that appears when there is an app update from blackberry world).

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_comm/notifications/index.html

Would be great if BlackBerry would expand upon their APIs allowing 3rd party apps to connect to the hub, because they seem pretty weak right now.

----------------------
Check out my app, Alien Flow for reddit

And of course, like my post if you found it helpful or informative!
New Contributor

Is there any way how could we ask blackberry to do it?

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

file a feature request here.... i do belive this is something that they may already be working on so try searching first & voting on an already open one if there is