Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

How to create database ".db" file ?

[ Edited ]

I want to make a simple list database, fill it with some initial records and store it as a .db file in the assets folder. I'm looking at the tutorial named "Quotes" (https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/ui/lists/lists_set_up_project.html) that shows how to use DataSource to load and save data on an already existing quotes.db file.

How can I create this db. file ?

All Replies
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to create database ".db" file ?

I use Mozilla Firefox plugin to a setup a basic DB.
Try this :

1) use mozilla firefox, in that goto add-ons section and get sqlite manager add-on actually it is a mozilla firefox plug-in.

2) Then open SQLITE Manager from options menu in firefox browser.

3) Create database file with ".db" extension and create tables for that inside that sqlite manager.

4) After creating tables and data, disconnect database from sqlite manager from firefox. Goto the db file location and copy it.

5) copy somename.db file to the assets folder in your project.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: VZN

Re: How to create database ".db" file ?

[ Edited ]

If it needs to be dynamic to the content I would use the QSql modules from Qt4.8  from there you should be able to write an XML file which would be much more useful I believe ut you could easily adapt it to other mime types.  This what I might try on a first attempt after a little research you may agree or not but since your using Cascades it should integrate well I would assume.

Brandon Clark
The Mind Company | www.themindspot.com