Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
haxpor
My Device: Developer with no real device

How to disable DEBUG mode when packaging (or building) qnx project ?

[ Edited ]

I try to sign my application .bar file using the following command

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> RDK

The result I get telling me that

Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].
]
Error: Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

So I need to find a way to disable DEBUG mode when building my project. I use QNX MOmentics IDE (on mac) Version: 2.0.0 Build id: 201202171813 to build my project, and I cannot find any option to alter the build setting regarding to DEBUG option.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: How to disable DEBUG mode when packaging (or building) qnx project ?

You don't build it the same way for release as when you're developing. You should "export" as a "release build" and it shouldn't have development mode enabled.

Under the File menu, Export, then select BlackBerry Tablet OS and under that Release Build, then follow through the instructions.

There are probably other threads here which you can search for to find out more about "exporting" a "release build".

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
haxpor
My Device: Developer with no real device

Re: How to disable DEBUG mode when packaging (or building) qnx project ?

Thanks so much !

It's solved my problem.