Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
pskarton
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

How to do BBM testing?

I have two devices sitting on my desk a BB10 dev alpha and os7 9780. Both have wifi access but no sim cards and no data plans. Strictly internet access.

I have programmed BBM into my app on the BB10. The app has been accepted in app world.

How can I connect the two devices using BBM.

On the BB10 my application appears to register with BBM. Neither device sends or receives invites to connect through

BBM.

Can I test a BM conncetion given current configuaration without a vendor data plan. And, if add BBM to OS7 version will I be able to connect in order to test.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
nickkalkounis
My Device: 9981
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to do BBM testing?

Is BBM working on both devices?  

A quick way to test is to see if you send a message through the standard BBM Application.

On your Dev Alpha BB10 device, you should be able to test BBM over wifi without requiring a data plan. 

On your OS7 device you will require a data plan.

Once your devices are working and you've confirmed you can send messages through BBM, the invites should work. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
pskarton

On BB10 device, responds with invite sent but I can only send email (to myself) and I don't receive them.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
pskarton

When I send an invite is it looking for a pin? If I send email is trying to pair the email with a pin or relying on email and the recipient to then open BBM or and reply to a link/pin in the email?

With only one device that works with wifi how to I test?  When simulator supporting BBM is available will I then be able to connect with simulator?

Please use plain text.
nickkalkounis

If you're using the Invite to Download feature of BBM Social Platform, then it's using your BBM contact list which is connected through PIN.

And yes, when BBM simulator support is avaialble you will be able to test BBM functionality with two device simulators. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
pskarton

So I don't have any pins and email invites disappear into the black hole of the internet how do I test my application with BBM?

Please use plain text.
nickkalkounis

Most of the BBM profile updates can be tested on a single device e.g. Updating Personal Status Message, Avatar Updates, etc.  

For Invite to Download, you will unfortunately need 2 devices or wait until the BBM simulator is available.  

If you want to test that BBM registration is occuring successfully, I would suggest that you implement a single use case of updating BBM profile.  That way you can ensure that BBM registration is occuring, and possibly you can even use the BBM profile update feature for your app as well.

Please use plain text.