If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
cyberninja
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

How to find CSK Password?

Hey Guys,

I am new to PlayBook dev. I am wondering where can I find the CSK password? I figured out CSJ password, but after searching in the forum nothing useful came up for CSK password. Information provided on the following BB site did not help much:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.devguide/com.qnx.doc...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How to find CSK Password?

The CSK password is actually one you pick. It is used in the interaction with the server to identify you to RIM so that their server will sign your app.

This is the most critical item actually, and you need to be very careful not to lose it, and to back up the related files (barsigner.csk and barsigner.db) after you've registered, or you will end up like some others who are not able to sign updates to their existing apps any more (ever). (They can request new keys, but those can't be used to sign the old apps again if they were already published under the previous, lost/forgotten, keys.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cyberninja
My Device: PlayBook

Thanks Peter!

I was hoping someone would reply, and you did. While waiting, I tried a random password (I made one up). It worked!

Go PlayBook Dev! Go Ice Hockey! Go RIM! Go Canada! ;-)

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mamdohreda
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: etisalat

hello can anyone help me to singing my app for playbook  webworks  what is step i can't understand anything from blackberry docs........please help me

Please use plain text.
forgetful
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: none

but if you dont mind me asking when would i have set my CSK password..this is the first time am doing all this n am very confused your reply would be much appreciated thanks.
Please use plain text.