Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
tonygml
My Device: BB10 Alpha Dev B

How to fix The PositionSource component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated. ?

How to fix The PositionSource component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated. ?

I already "import QtMobilitySubset.location 1.1"

Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

Re: How to fix The PositionSource component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated. ?

If you're getting that error in the QML viewer that is because the viewer currently does not support custom components,  if you're trying to design a ui your best bet is to create a new project and test only your ui there and then implement it into your main project

Contributor
sneha_J
My Device: 8520, 9790

Re: How to fix The PositionSource component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated. ?

Hello, I am facing the same problem while import any sample apps its showing component might be an unknown error.

I am developing an application for audio player. I am trying some sample applications for play - pause functionality. I am getting following error/warning while using NowPlayingConnection class

Error : The NowPlayingConnection component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated.

can you please explain how to resolve this issue.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

you can safely ignore these messages.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
sneha_J
My Device: 8520, 9790

[ Edited ]

I have tried using the same, but that code is not working. Play pause functionality is not working

When m trying to tap the play button in Nowplaying app nothing happens..