Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

How to get charset encoding from email message?

I get alot of non english emails with encodings.  How do decode the message if I want to create my own viewer and how do I find out which charset the email message is using?

from the email header

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Is there a way to read the content type from the message using Message class or other class?

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to get charset encoding from email message?

I think you'll find that the text has already been converted to UTF-8. I'll double check this though and post again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Carrier: Fido

mwoolley wrote:

I think you'll find that the text has already been converted to UTF-8. I'll double check this though and post again.

For email when I get the actual body message they are not converted.  I do not see any methods in the Message class to get the type of encoding.  When I display the message body they are in jumbo.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Could you post the code that "gets the message body" please? I'll investigate and let you know the outcome. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.