Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
Accepted Solution

How to get dynamic licence key from Cascades/Native

Hi,

Having spent all day reading up on generating license keys with the usual confusion that comes from RIM's documentation I can now implement a dynamic license system in Java.

The trouble is my apps in  C++/Cascades.

According to documentation its on the device in a key paring accessed by the CoreModule.

In Java you would do this after initialising the CoreModule;

String lc = group.getProperty("RIM_APP_WORLD_LICENSE_KEY");

How do I retrieve it using native??

If this is not possible then second best how can I get the device id?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Re: How to get dynamic licence key from Cascades/Native

Noone else doing this?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev

Re: How to get dynamic license key from Cascades/Native

OK, so turns out this isn't possible as RIM have apparently abandoned Dynamic licenses for BB10,

Sure enough you can get a PIN and a license key, starting with "test...", from your package when debugging but any hashing code you write using these won't work in the release, two options exist, either;

1. Develop your own licensing system (pending as whether this will be necessary, watch piracy a few months after BB10 release)

2. Use the in app purchasing APIs.

The full discussion on this can be found in the cascades forum with a link to a response from RIM.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/How-to-get-dynamic-licence-key-from-Casc...

Please use plain text.