Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
matrixlnmi169
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Alpha Device

How to get the qtimer events form system to the background application , which in return can tigger the notification

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

We have requirements to get the timer events from system , to an applicaiton which is not in foreground (that is in backgroud) so that on getting timer events , i can put notification . there is no issue in notification , only problems in getting the system timer events to an application which is not running .

Please help me to get the solution .

Thanks you in Advance .

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Re: How to get the qtimer events form system to the background application , which in return can tigger the notification

If you want to do this for an application that isn't opened: you can't and you will need to wait for the headless apps to arrive to the platform.

If you want to do this in the background for an opened (but paused) application then you will need to get the run_in_background permission.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!