Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook + Red Z10 + BB10 Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

How to interpret a Product Download Chart?

If you generate a Product Download Chart on the Vendor Portal site, what exactly counts as a "download"? Only new customers, or also re-installs or even updates?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: How to interpret a Product Download Chart?

All those you listed.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook + Red Z10 + BB10 Dev Alpha C

Listed? Where can I specify whether I want updates to be included in the numbers or not? And what is the default? It's nice to see a spike after releasing an update, but I'd like to know if these are new downloads of the app, or only downloads of the update.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

"All those you listed" meant that the chart shows everything you mentioned: new installs, updates, reinstalls.

If you want something different, you generate a report instead, which you download as a CSV, and then make your own chart in a spreadsheet program or whatever. Some of us create our own little tools to do that sort of thing.

There's also third-party services like Distimo.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!