Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...
Accepted Solution

How to modify Qt creator to build bar without -devmode -debugtoken ?

[ Edited ]

I am trying to deploy some Qt apps that I have updated to work with the latest OS update as well as the bb Qt creator released herehttps://github.com/blackberry/Qt/downloads

I am running the linux install.

The release/debug switch does not work to remove the -devmode -debugtoken from the blackberry-nativepackager call

So I thought no problem, I will build and sign it from the command, here are the issues I have with that.

First, the packager complained about the <asset path="%QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS%">imports</asset> in the descriptor stating that %QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS% is an invalid path. So I put in the required absolute paths and managed to build the bar package.

Bar-signer will not sign the package though complaining:

Error: Code signing request failed because [run_native] in Entry-Point-User-Actions is not allowed.

So I remed out:  <action system="true">run_native</action> from the descriptor, still no joy, it fails with the same message...

Does anyone have any insight how to edit the blackberry-nativepackage call from creator? Or any other advice as to where I am going wrong here?

I could be missing something obvious here in my frustration! :smileywink:

Thanks,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xsacha
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra LTE

Re: How to modify Qt creator to build bar without -devmode -debugtoken ?

Error: Code signing request failed because [run_native] in Entry-Point-User-Actions is not allowed.

The error you are getting means you used

<action>run_native</action>

instead of (what you should be using)

<action system="true">run_native</action>

The result is that it should appear in Entry-Point-System-Actions instead of Entry-Point-User-Actions :smileyhappy:

If it's not working, maybe your .bar isn't being updated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I *think* that message is what you get if you have <action>run_native</action>, without the system="true" part. If I'm right, it may be pointing to you having a duplicate descriptor file somewhere else with the wrong content, and it's using that instead of the one you're changing. Or something like that.

To troubleshoot any such issues, always go to the MANIFEST.MF file in the actual .bar file. Unzip and inspect that file directly to see what it's *really* using. Often you can identify a discrepancy that way and then trace back to fix your build system.

Oh, and I must be close to correct about that since if you really had system=true on it, that entry would have shown up in Entry-Point-System-Actions instead of where the error says it is. (Unless the error itself is completely bogus.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Thanks guys, Its sorted!

I was just being dopey... time for bed! :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.