Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
bikash_dev
My Device: BB-9000

How to monitor CPU usages by our app, by using RIM programming ?

Hi All,

I want to know how much our application usages the CPU in RIM programming, If any one know how to listen the CPU uses from the native it will be great for me to make more quality build.

Hope I will get response soon from all the experts.

Advanced Thanks to all
-Bikash

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Re: How to monitor CPU usages by our app, by using RIM programming ?

You'll need to run profiling session on your app. It's explained in dev documentation here https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/bb10/com.qnx.doc.ide.userguide/topic/profiler_...
New Contributor
bikash_dev
My Device: BB-9000

Dear Borceg,

Thanks for your quick reply. but that's not the solution for me.

I need to access CPU usages programamtically through my own BBAPP, not by using any third party tool.

If is this possible please do help me out.

Thanks in advance

-Bikash

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

There is a difference between the current CPU load and your apps load on the CPU (your app isn't the only thing running).

You could write your own profiler class that outputs the details you want to your app using timers and calls at the start and end of functions but I don't think there is any api to do this for you.

It may (I doubt it) but it may be possible to redirect the standard profiler information and then interpret it in realtime within your app, not having tried this I wouldn't know but perhaps worth investigating before starting on writing your own.

There are also some 3rd party real-time profiling libraries out there (just google 'real time profiling library') which may also be of interest to you.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
j_h
Contributor
j_h
My Device: .

I dont think we actually have access to ps or sin. unless i'm doing something wrong. Do you have access to those?

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

>I dont think we actually have access to ps or sin

No we don't.