Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to plot data on the blackberry playbook using matlab alike style ?

Currently I purchase a playbook and want to develop some specific signal processing apps on it. But faced some confusions.

What I want to do is split the playbook screen in 3 parts. The first part display a patch of the magnitude of the accelerometer data a=sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2), sampled at 100Hz for 256 samples (so the app update the plot data every 2.56 seconds); a second window for display the compression coefficients c=DCT*a using the Discrete Cosine Transform; and third window display the reconstruction using only the coefficient which is great than a given magnitude THD. The Normalized Mean Square Error is printed on the console.

I am new to Blackberry development but the C interface offered by RIM is great as there are many math libraries which is ready to use. So here are my questions:

1. Is there any demo which I could refer to which can function as split the playbook window into three and draw some data points on it ? I found the gnuplot C API which is used to draw some scientific plot in Linux platforms but do not know how to port to NDK. or how to **draw** on BB using NDK.

2. How could I add a control bar at the top of the APP which I can select from many compression algorithms and a status bar at the bottom of the APP. How could I create such app layout using only the NDK ? The reference for such programming purpose is still lack for me.

3. Blackberry Playbook could be used as a fancy scientific programming plus signal processing teach platform at the university. How could I porting some math libraries, such as BLAS and ATLAS to BB ? so some functions such as Fourier transform and DCT can be performed easily.

Thanks all on the board. I am waiting for your replies, and if possible, I will set up the code repository on github for collaboration..

Best Wishes.

Liu benyuan

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to plot data on the blackberry playbook using matlab alike style ?

It seem like QT + Plotting widget might be a better choice. I will try that and if possible setup a demo on github.