Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Re: How to port your Qt-Projects to Playbook!

[ Edited ]

"Now developing with Qt creator for the playbook is a joy, complete with debug output via wifi!

But why I'm always getting:

"The preferred debugger engine for debugging binaries of type 'unknown-unknown-unknown-unknown-unknown is not available. The debugger engine ‘Gdb engine’ will be used as a fallback.
Details:The CDB debug engine does not support the ‘unknown-unknown-unknown-unknown-unknown’ ABI"

either on usb or wifi connection. I'm using latest Qt PlayBook SDK from BB github on windows 7 32bit

Developer
BikeAtor
My Device: Playbook

Nobody said you can debug your App. You can only see the debug-messages ;-)

I get the same error trying to debug my app.

Developer
borceg

Oops, misunderstanding on my side.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook

Debugging should work? The Qt4.8 libs will need to built in debug mode though...

I am on the road today but I will see if I can get it working in the next couple of days and post back if I have any success...

Cheers,

Jon

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the great post, BikeAtor.

I'm not sure if I should create a extra threat but since I'm trying to port a Qt application to the Playbook it is perhaps the right place. :smileyhappy:

I'm trying to port a application which made use of SQLITE and I get this output:

Qml debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment!
QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:

Does anybody know if the current Qt version supports SQLITE or have I simply to include something special for the deployment?

I've included sql and sqlite in my project file and I'm deploying libQtSql.so.4 to the playbook.

Any ideas? :smileyhappy:

Developer
BikeAtor
My Device: Playbook

I use sqlite very much. Try the settings from my post. It took me some time to get it working. Maybe there is a better way, but i didn't try it after getting it working.

So copy the lib to the correct directory and set the enviroment paths.

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

Ah, thanks. Now I know it is able to work.

So it is my fault. Thanks, this info helped me already. :smileyhappy:

Developer
jheron

I have confirmed that on device debugging with breakpoints works on my setup, Fedora16_64, Qt creator and sdk found HERE

Along with the latest repo of Qt4.8.2 compiled in debug mode.

Here is how I configured the libs for debugging:

./configure -opensource -confirm-license -qpa -iconv -shared -debug -xplatform unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc -little-endian -arch i386 -largefile -nomake examples -nomake demos -xmlpatterns -no-webkit -no-rpath -opengl es2 -prefix /home/jon/qtQNXdebug -prefix-instal
make -j3 && make install

(make -j<N> where N = number of CPU cores +1) Adjust the -prefix to point to your desired destination directory.

In Qt creator push the 'Projects' button on the left, select the drop down for 'Edit build configuration:' and make sure you have selected debug mode, next to 'Qt version:' click manage and add your Qt libs compiled in debug mode, then same for toolchain. Then under 'Build steps:' check the qmake details, there you can select qml debugging if needed. Then click 'Run' on the floating tool bar and scroll down to see further debugging options for c++ or qml.

Then do a clean and rebuild on your project and click the play/debug button on lower left and you should be in action. I tested it last night and it worked fine, I was able to set breakpoints, step through the code etc... :smileyhappy:

If anybody wants the precompiled Qt libs in debug mode, and has a place where I can upload them, I would be happy to do so, they are 225mb zipped up.

Cheers,

Jon

Developer
borceg

Great news jheron. I tried compiling Qt libs with debug mode under windows, but configure command does not recognise few switches (like xplatform, qpa etc), so no luck for now.
If your libs work under windows, with Qt creator that's provided by BlackBerry, I can give you my dropbox account - you can upload them there.

And, I got working Qt creator 2.5 from kdab-developers (qnx clone of Qt creator), that compiles fine under win, but creating installer does not work for now.
Developer
jheron

I am not sure if they work under windows or not? If you want to try them out I will send them over, just PM me your db account.

If you dont dont want to muck about trying to get creator to see the debug libs you can just rename the "4.8.1" folder found in QtPlaybookSDK/playbook/Qt/ to "4.8.1BackUp" and then rename the debug libs folder I send to 4.8.1 and paste it into QtPlaybookSDK/playbook/Qt/. 

Whenever I recompile the latest git repo that's all I do and it works fine under linux...

Cheers,

Jon