Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook

Re: How to port your Qt-Projects to Playbook!

*********************EDIT FOR ABOVE CONFIGURE*******************
I messed up there and posted the config for the x86 sim. :No:

I cant edit the post so use this configure instead! :smileyhappy:

./configure -opensource -confirm-license -qpa -iconv -shared -debug -xplatform unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc -little-endian -arch arm -largefile -nomake examples -xmlpatterns -no-webkit -no-rpath -opengl es2 -prefix /home/jon/qtQNXdebug -prefix-install

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

There's no download for Mac. What is the biggest difference between RIM's Qt Creator Playbook SDK and the original?

Any configuration changes that have to be made?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
Developer
BikeAtor
My Device: Playbook

I think it's the development toolchain for playbook ;-) But I doesn't have any expirience with Mac. Maybe you can run it in a virtual environment like virtualbox with fedora 16.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

[ Edited ]

I have no mac experience but I would hope it will work as well on mac as it does on linux?

Assuming that Qt creator 2.5 will work as well as the beta version of it that was released by bb a few months back with the old Qt4.8 port. I was using the old QtSDK for developing and deploying with no issues too. I had no debug output but I didnt try though either. :smileyhappy: 

Try it out and it will probably work!

Qt Creator 2.5

You can get the latest Qt 4.8.2 libs  from git and configure them for armv7le or I can upload the precompiled libs to you if you need them.

Borceg had a copy of the precompiled debug libs on a dropbox account too but I am not sure if its still on there or not.. :smileywink:

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
bskania
My Device: blackberry developer

Hello,

I read all the conversation over here. But Still I am not able to run my project on playbook simulator with QTcreator,

I am getting error 8. I know its a crossplatform error.

But I am not able to solve It.

I want to know that is it possible to run directly from QT creator to playbook simulator.

As My QTSDK in installed in that folde I only found folders of playbook and qtcreator.

So I am curious if any one here can help me out with my problem.

As I am working on windows 7. I am not able to make my projects with command line that is every where posted.

I had downloaded the folder of QT from the git also.

and tried to run the configure.exe. But its saying me that platform is not valid.

I am stuck with the configuration since coule of days. I really want to start with the coding part. Still I am again new to qt and c++ development. Its going to take time. It will be great if any one can help me out in installation process of QT fro blackberry simulator on windows.

Thanks In advance.

bskania,

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

The error could be an issue with your debug token, try signing your app before deploying and see if it works.

I had the error issue when I first started and it was due to my debug token being corrupt.

Are you using Qt creator 2.5 from git hub?

Good luck!

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
bskania

No its not error of debug token. as I am trying to debug it on simulator. and yes I am using the setup from the link that you has specified. With no luck, I am still stuck with the same problem.

bskania.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

[ Edited ]

OH! I would highly recommend ditching the sim and using the device for your testing.The sim is buggy and not very representative of what you will get on the device, at least in my experience...

If you configured the libs for the device as described above they will not work on the sim, you need to configure them for x86 processor to work on the sim... Here is the configure to use for x86_debug, but again, I would recommend against using the simulator altogether... :smileyhappy:

./configure -opensource -confirm-license -qpa -iconv -shared -debug -xplatform unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc -little-endian -arch i386 -largefile -nomake examples -nomake demos -xmlpatterns -no-webkit -no-rpath -opengl es2 -prefix /home/jon/qtQNXdebug -prefix-instal
make -j3 && make install

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
bskania

[ Edited ]

this command is for linux. I am working on windows 7. I tried to run this
configure -opensource -confirm-license -qpa -iconv -shared -debug -xplatform unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc -little-endian -arch i386 -largefile -nomake examples -nomake demos -xmlpatterns -no-webkit -no-rpath -opengl es2 -prefix d:\qt -prefix-install

but its giving me error of wrong platform.

Unable to detect the platform from environment. Use -platform command lineargument or set the QMAKESPEC environment variable and run configure again
See the README file for a list of supported operating systems and compilers.
Invalid option "unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc" for -xplatform.

bskania.

Please use plain text.