Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
CapQNX
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

How to send email with attachment

Hello guys, I am new to programming in bb10. I am making sample app That will be able to Send email with attachment. After searching documentation I have found Attachment class and message class. But I am confuse about how will I do it? If it is possible with one of thsese class? Please provide me some link or it would be a great help if anyone provide a soure code. I am stuck for many days.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: How to send email with attachment

[ Edited ]

This sample might help:

http://blackberry.github.com/Cascades-Samples/messages.html

There's MessageBuilder class. This page has an example of adding attachment to the message but I did not try this myself:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__pim__message__messagebuilder.html

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
CapQNX
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Thanks  Zmey  for an answer.

I think message builder class can be used for an attachment part.But the main part is about email .How would I  achieve email functionality?There is no sample source code  available even in the documentation.Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

capQNX

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mahdouch950
My Device: BB10

Message Api D'osent work also ...

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

I was able to send email message using the sample in first link. Make sure the email is configured on device.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mahdouch950
My Device: BB10

Hi Zmey,

how can i verify or configured the email on device !!!

thks.

Please use plain text.
Wacks99
My Device: porsche design

Were you able to get attachement working?

I followed the Sample Apps for Messages to send email but dont know how to add attachement, I have been stuck on it for days now. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.