Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9800,BB Dev Alpha,z10 limited edition
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

How to test app with diff screen size to ensure successful working on all device?

Hi,

I am working on an application and right now testing my app on BB Dev Alpha. As the screen resolution are different,I want to know how can I test the app on all screen size supported?

Rujuta Trivedi
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to test app with diff screen size to ensure successful working on all device?

Right now the resolution of the Dev Alpha is the only supported resolution. The keyboard phones with 720x720 screens will get a SDK release in January, you should be able to test with a simulator at that time.
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Developer
My Device: 9800,BB Dev Alpha,z10 limited edition
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to test app with diff screen size to ensure successful working on all device?

Actually my app contains one screen that display image.Right now I have set the width of image 768 to cover whole width of dev alpha device . My concern is what should I do to make it work in BB10 also as its device width is 720(resolution)

Rujuta Trivedi
Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

take a look at this docu:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/ui/resolution/

it should provide you enough info on how to support future 720 devices.