Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Howto ssh or telnet to simulator

I looked last night on this dev site for my answer, maybe it was tired but I could not find it.  Can someone tell me the secret sause to ssh or telnet to the simulator.

I know to the actual phone I used root/root for user name and password.  When I do telnet to simulator I do get a log in  prompt but do not know the user name and password

Many thanks

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Three

Re: Howto ssh or telnet to simulator

First you'll need to bring up the Terminal view in Momentics (WindowShow View [Other...] Terminal) and click the green Connect icon.

step1.png

You'll then see a Terminal Settings window. Select SSH - Blackberry as your connection type, and select your Simulator from the list of devices:

step2.png

And voilá, you should have SSH access to the simulator.

Did this post help you? If so, please make sure to "like" it!
Regular Contributor

I never knew those menu items existed. Many thanks. But still does not connect to simulator (Note IDE does connect and send app over). In simulator I set passwrod to qwerty. What do I use for password and user name please
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Three

It shouldn't need a password, it should automatically connect based on the targets you have saved. What sort of error are you getting?

Did this post help you? If so, please make sure to "like" it!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

With my simulator open and my ide connected I select a terminal , then set type to SSH Blackberry, selected the 192.168.255.129 , which is my simulator,  Hit the OK button and then the top of the terminal windows just says devuser@192.168.255.129 - Connecting....

UPDATE IT WORKS, Just takes a looong time on Linux.  Thanks all for the help here