Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
yuri604
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Hub Integration on 10.2 (using UDS)

I’m trying to implement BB hub integration using Unified Data Source library. So far I’ve bumped into two problems.

1. Setting an icon for account and inbox item. I’ve set an asset path in uds_register_client. I think the path is correct because uds_item_action_data_set_image_source works fine and displays correct icon. But uds_account_data_set_icon and uds_inbox_item_data_set_icon don’t have any effect.

2. I cannot figure out how to invoke my target when inbox item is tapped. Context menu items added via uds_register_item_context_action work fine, but I need to get an invocation when the item itself is tapped/triggered.

It would be great to have working sample on GitHub...

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
kylefowler
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Hub Integration on 10.2 (using UDS)

I assume you have the permissions since you get the items in the hub? You pass the UDS a target id which is what it uses to invoke your app. The target must be a card and I think it has to handle bb.action.OPEN and bb.action.VIEW.

You set the invocation by setting the targetName on the account you register.
Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
RSperanza
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

In addition, the mime type specified for your item should match the mime type of the view and open actions in the card.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
XtremeCheese
My Device: Z10, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm also having issues setting the icon for the account and inbox items.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

Please use plain text.
RSperanza

Hi.

Please apply for Hub integration permissions and you will receive the official sample apps that include a utility class that take care of all of the UDS calls for you, upon being approved. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Why isn't a template for the UDS utility class available in the documentation? Would make developing UDS integrated apps much easier as we would not have to apply for the permission first but could implement first :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
RSperanza

Hi.

The docs team is currently working on an online tutorial based on the Hub Integration sample I wrote and currently provided to developers that are approved.  I believe the intiial sample app I provided to them missed the window for the last docs refresh.  It should be available when they post their next major refresh.  The sample app itself will be submitted for GitHub as soon as I update it with some additional code in response to some issues encountered by some developers who were initially approved and using my earlier sample code.

The problem with developing the app before applying for permissions is that you cannot really deploy the app without the correct signing permissions.

Please use plain text.