Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
blackua
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Wesman

I WANT ASK

I look how many languages are in the BlackBerry PlayBook, but we don't have Ukrainian language and keyboard. This language have different keyboard than Russian keyboard and many Ukrainian users would like have freedom write their nature language. 

If you would like help for our nation please help us. 

I asking for future my children too. 

Thank you for understanding 

Vasyl.

Please use plain text.
Developer
oliver_kranz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: I WANT ASK

The issue tracker is not only used for reporting bugs but also for reporting feature requests. You can make a feature request there.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/How-to-Report-Bugs-in-the-NDK-or-Native-AP...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: blau.de

I'm also interested in Ukrainian keyboard so I followed oliver_kranz's suggestion and created a new feature request: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-858.

Please, follow the link and vote for it.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Is there any way to actually get to that page?? Asks to login, but the page never loads. The "Dashboard" link leads to a page that just keeps refreshing itself incessantly without ever loading anything.

I too would like to see some of the more important European languages supported on the BB10 and PlayBook (virtual keyboard input), especially East European languages (Belarusian, Ukrainian in particular). This is a bit of an important miss for BlackBerry...

Apple products offered these languages from the get-go. Android devices offered the languages from the get-go. I understand a lot of BlackBerry's attention and focus remained on bringing BB10 to the market and so these languages weren't included in the PlayBook, but it really doesn't take that much more effort to add Ukrainian to the mix...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa

hobnob wrote:

Is there any way to actually get to that page?? Asks to login, but the page never loads. The "Dashboard" link leads to a page that just keeps refreshing itself incessantly without ever loading anything.

I've already been told few times that people can't access the link so it looks like it's visible only to the reporter and BlackBerry stuff. I don't know why does it have "Vote" button if nobody else can access it.

It's an issue of type "New Feature" that I created on BlackBerry bugtracker. Since reporting it on 14th of February it was assigned to someone on 21st of February. No further updates or comments on it since then.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

I think this feature request has to be made 'bulic' by authour.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa

[ Edited ]

BGmot wrote:

I think this feature request has to be made 'bulic' by authour.

Do you really think I wouldn't do it if I could? The only options I have are: Comment, Attach Files, Attach Screenshot, Stop Watching and Clone. No Edit or anything else where I could set this request public.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
New Developer
blackua

I can't open this page ,for me vrote: це безкінечна сторінка
Please use plain text.
New Developer
blackua

what can we do? How  we can have connecting with developer Blackberry tablet OS, any people have any new idea ?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

----------------------------------------------------

blackua wrote:

what can we do? How  we can have connecting with developer Blackberry tablet OS, any people have any new idea --------------------------------------------------

Not just the tablet but the new BB10 devices as well... Same base operating system, same lack of input languages.

Please use plain text.