Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

I have installed BlackBerry 10 Alpha dev Simulator, but unable to Select Target as "Simulator" to run the app with native SDK

I have installed BlackBerry 10 Alpha dev Simulator, but unable to Select Target  as "Simulator" to run the app with native SDK.

How to select    the target as "Simulator"     to run the app on the simulator with native SDK.

Why   my simulator is not getting detected with Auto discover process?

Please guide me ....

Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Re: I have installed BlackBerry 10 Alpha dev Simulator, but unable to Select Target as "Simulator" to run the app with native SDK

I had to manually enter in the simulator's IP address in Momentics. I also changed VMware to use bridged mode so it picked up an IP address on my regular subnet from my router.

Developer
srk2012

Re: I have installed BlackBerry 10 Alpha dev Simulator, but unable to Select Target as "Simulator" to run the app with native SDK

Please Can u guide me where wil I get the ip address of the simulator and select "simulator" as the Target.

How to change the VMware player to Bridge mode?

can u help me with the screenshot samples etc ?

Developer
torpesco

srk2012 wrote:

Please Can u guide me where wil I get the ip address of the simulator and select "simulator" as the Target.

How to change the VMware player to Bridge mode?

can u help me with the screenshot samples etc ?

1. Find the IP: Lower-left, outside the "bezel". Use it in Momentics: Run -> Run Configurations, Add New Target, Hostname or IP (under "Connection").

2. Virtual machine's network preferences, when the VM is not running

3. a) developer.blackberry.com

b) google.com

One note: For whatever reason, buld 2318 doesn't let me load applications. I'm still using 1673.

Developer
srk2012

bezel ?

Auto Discover is not detecting simulators and devices   why?

Developer
srk2012

Iam not following you. Can u please guide  me with the help of Team Viewer instead.

my skype id is srk20081

Developer
torpesco

No. I've got a day job and am doing this as a hobby. If you're serious about developing an app, you can take the time to read the documentation like other people. The reason I answered your initial question is my experience (auto-discover not working) slightly deviated from the docs. In general, however, the documentation is excellent.

Simulator instructions, linked to from the page where you downloaded the simulator: https://developer.blackberry.com/develop/simulator/index.html

Or here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blackberry+10+simulator+instructions

Specifically a nice big section called "Get the IP address of your simulator": https://developer.blackberry.com/develop/simulator/simulator_configuring.html

Developer
srk2012

Ok thank you very much for the info provided. I will let u know if my problem gets solved after going thru it..