Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
wantoun
My Device: P'9982 & Z10
Accepted Solution

I keep getting this error "Launch failed no binaries"

[ Edited ]

This is really getting frustrating! I build my project, and then when I want to run it on the Simulator I get the error: Launch failed no binaries

I tried deleting the project and recreating it, restarting the IDE, restarting my Mac, reinstalling the IDE like some other threads were saying! Nothing works! 

How can I get rid of it and get my app to run?

UPDATE: I just noticed in the folder "x86/0--g" in the project, the file being created is not titled as my app but as anothe .cpp class I have created, and running the app expects the binaries to be renamed as the main App.

Wadi
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

Re: I keep getting this error "Launch failed no binaries"

Before you build the project did you set the build configuration to the simulator? (Default is for a device)

Right Click your Project -> Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Simulator-Debug

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
wantoun

Yes of course
Wadi
Please use plain text.
Developer
wantoun

I got it, in my .pro file I had this line:

TARGET = *wrong name*

I just corrected that, I must have copied it from one of the sample apps.

Wadi
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AnugrahThomas
My Device: 9800

I too get the same error of the launching failed due to missing binaries. I have changed the target name in the .pro class and also the build configurations has been set to simulator debug but the issue still persists. There is a folder which is seen within the JavaScripts Resources Folder which has the same name of the application. It is this folder which seems to get corrupted on being built. Please advice.

Please use plain text.