Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

IDE Performance Issues

I'm a new user of the Momentics IDE. I'm having problems using Cascades with the Momentics IDE 10.0.9 on Windows 7  64.

The first time I build an app the build takes just a few seconds. Same is true for the first time I run on the device.

But the second and subsequent builds take several minutes.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and what I can do to fix the issue?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
pskarton
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: IDE Performance Issues

I have the same problem but it always seems that it is trying to connect to the device or simulator (on a different pc) and eventually connects or times out. I redo and it works.

Especially with the device I have found that every once in awhile I need to restart - the ide, pc, or device so sometimes I do all three at once and just take a coffee break.

Much worse on Java IDE where memory was a real problem. Just learned to restart ide or PC and IDE.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Now you mention it I recall having issues with eclipse when building Java apps.

I believe changing the memory settings for eclipse resolved the issue. Something for me to check at least. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
pskarton
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

My experience with Java was different even though I changed settings to increase memory available and then upped Eclipse setting it made no difference. Memory was just corrupted as far as I could tell.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

[ Edited ]

Appears my problem was Kaspersky Anti-Virus software and the Windows 7 Search facility.

I paused the AV, switched off Windows Search and suddenly the IDE fairly zips along. Now all I have to do is avoid catching a virus.

Please use plain text.