Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Import project as makefile project result in error

Hi timvito,

Thanks for helpful reply. 

I was finding image editing in native c/c++ and i find this that is way i tried to run this project but as you said its all classes have its own method then it is very complicated for me to understand and remove each and every one. Are you have any link or resource from where i can find latest c/c++ sample and easy to import it in blackberry.

Retired
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Hey Megha,

When you refer to image editing, what are you looking to do? If you are looking to make a small drawing program you may want to take a look at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Cascades-Custom-Painting-amp-Alcoholism/... where they discuss some options. If you want to make something more complicated, you may want to look at some external libraries like CImg. I've never tried using CImg or other image processing libraries but it may be an interesting experiment for you to try and get one running on a blackberry.

Tim

Super Contributor

Hi timvito,

thanks for your reply. In image editing i want to do complecated editing. I download that CImg library for image processing now i will tried to run the example provided in the CImg lib but it gives so many errors so currently working on that from monday.  I have only basic knowledge of C/C++  and want to make image editing in native.

Super Contributor

Hi timvito,

I run the sample application of CImg in balckberry IDE but it gives me error but when i run the sample programe in Microsoft Visual C++ IDE it will not give CImg.h file error. So is there any thing missing from BB10 C/C++ Integration.

I attached my sample application.

Retired
My Device: none

Hey Megha,

There seems to be pre compiler defines that are set differently between VS and Momentics that are causing the attempted inclusion of incorrect files. You will probably have to look through CImg.h and check the various define code paths and make sure you've set all the pre compile flags correctly. Porting a cross platform library of this complexity requires a deep understanding of preprocessor defines for cross platform compilation. Unfortunately there may not be a simple solution to your issue and it's going to take some investigation on your end.

Tim

Super Contributor

Hi timvito,

Thanks for your quick response. I worked on weekend to resolve this error but not find any way in CImg.h file. 

So i move towards limbing img library which has QNX support in that. I want to do all the image editing feature using limbing is it possible to do this using limbing library i did not find that much of documentation or help on limbing on the net. so if you have any more idea on this?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Looking at your new thread here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Image-rendering-using-libimg-library-or-Ca... I am going to assume you are asking about libimg. I'll track your post in the other thread since you have progressed.

Please let me know if this thread has run its course and I will close it.

See you in the  other one Smiley Happy

Cheers

Selom

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: blackberry

hi,

i am importing the project in blackberry native sdk 10 via fie/import/blckberry/Existing code as blackberry c c++ makefile project.

when selecting for the code location it is showing error 

" Path contains spaces that will interfere with make: 

plz help me.."