Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
yohanip
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Three

In App Failure, no action or error reported

[ Edited ]

Hi, i met some trouble which i believe i could not find the solution on my own. dear kind support please help :smileyvery-happy:

I develop a game using c++ ndk, when testing the in-app purchase system it is working prefectly as it should be, but when it is compiled as release and then i upload it to the app world, the purchase is failing.

if the player push the "buy button", then the playbook os will dim the screen and then shows a loading indicator, after the spinning loading indicator, it should show the item the player about to purchase or showing the login first if the player is not loged in. This is working perfectly under test environment.

I even tried to set 

paymentservice_set_connection_mode(false);

and then the system shows error that i need to install the app using app world in order to purchase, but it shows the login screen and the item purchase dialog, why does the release version did not shows any of them

When the app is approved, i downloaded from the app store and then try to run the purcahase sequence..

the sequence is somewhat destroyed.. the spinning loading indicator and the dim screen is happening, but then it closes, not asking for login, not showing the item purchase dialog, not showing any error.. nothing, just spinning and then after quite some time the dim is gone, and nothing about purchasing process happened..

please help.. i'm currently desperate :'(

i'm using the SKU instead of the item id, here is the code i invoke when the player push the buy button

result = paymentservice_purchase_request(
		sku,
		name,
		metadata,
		appName,
		appIcon,
		get_window_group_id(),
		&request_id) == BPS_SUCCESS;

parameters values:

sku = "1DATTB";
name = "Download Access";
metadata = "1DATTB";
appName = "TouchTheBeat";
appIcon = "http://a4fx.com/styles/images/music-small.png";

Thank you very much for your support :smileyvery-happy:

cheers!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yohanip
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Three

Re: In App Failure, no action or error reported

i've tried sending id and the sku to the function.. but the error persist..

it is working correctly in debug mode, but not in release mode..

anyone? please kindly help..

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
kizkasen
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: In App Failure, no action or error reported

Do you use our SDK Gold version?

Please use plain text.