Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
DNSalehi
My Device: Not Specified

Including header files

So I have been stuck on this for quite some time. I am trying to include header files from an external library, and I get the error, Fatal error: whatever.h: No such file or directory.

I have included the path to the header files in my "Paths and Symbols" under project properties, yet no luck.

I can't include them in the config.pri because it is automatically generated now and gets erased when built.

I don't know how else to approach this, please help!

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Re: Including header files

You need to configure your library right. The easiest way to do this is right clicking on your project, Configure, Add Library. Just follow the wizard and make sure to follow the cheat sheet instructions at the end.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
DNSalehi

Hm, I tried that however it asks me for the "device library". What do I choose for that one?

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Which library are you adding? My guess is that the library you're using isn't built for the ARM platform the BB10 devices are using.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
DNSalehi

tesseract ocr, so yeah that may be the case, but there must be a way to upload the library, no? its just a set of functions

Please use plain text.