Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Invocating shared text

If the target is left off and you only specify the mimeType (text/plain) and the data (text), should'nt the list of targets that can support that share be listed?  I am just getting a card that is asking for the BBM Group.  If I specify the target for BBM (sys.bbm.sharehandler), I get the BBM List.  I want the user to select the target to share the text with.

Developer
Zmey
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Invocating shared text

I'm not sure if I understood the question.

You should specify an action too. When I specify mimeType as "text/plain", invokeActionId as "bb.action.SHARE" I get a selection of BBM, BBM Group or NFC.

InvokeQuery *query = InvokeQuery::create()
                                                                  .data(displayString.toUtf8())
                                                                  .mimeType("text/plain")
                                                                  .invokeActionId("bb.action.SHARE");
        invocation_ = Invocation::create(query)
                        .parent(this);

QObject::connect(invocation_, SIGNAL(armed()), this, SLOT(invocation_armed()));
        QObject::connect(invocation_, SIGNAL(finished()), invocation_, SLOT(deleteLater()));

void SomePage::invocation_armed()
{
        qDebug("Invocation armed");
        invocation_->trigger("bb.action.SHARE");
}

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter