Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
crescenthikari
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha C
Accepted Solution

Invocation Problem in 10.2 Gold

[ Edited ]

Hi,

this is my first time posting here.

I would like to know about Invocation Problem in 10.2 Gold

the invocation always fired/armed on even before i select an item in the invoke target list and it always print this message in the console :

InvocationWrapper::smileysurprised:nInvokeFinished: action = "bb.action.SHARE" , target = "sys.invokeTargetSelection"

Is there anything that possibly trigger this behaviour? in the previous version OS even in 10.2 Beta this work fine, but it suddenly breaks in the 10.2 Gold.

the code i use is combining the invokeclient and invoketarget from the cascades example.

the sample still working fine in 10.2 Gold, but in my application, that combine the two example, always fired/armed even before i select the item in the invocation target list.

Update :

after playing with the example again i understand that the sys.invokeTargetSelection always returned too, but the differences is after selecting target my application doesn't do anything at all, just back to the page before. And i still doesn't understand how to make it works like in the previous OS version.

Thanks before. Sorry for my poor english, as i not a native speaker.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
shaque
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Invocation Problem in 10.2 Gold

Hi,
Can you paste some code to give us a step by step walk through of what you are doing exactly?

Shadid
New Contributor
crescenthikari
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha C

Re: Invocation Problem in 10.2 Gold

[ Edited ]

I think it's my own mistake. after so many trial and error several days to solve the problem, i found that i added this line of code in the childCardDone slot :

m_invokeManager->closeChildCard();

i think i add that line of code because in the previous OS version (i didn't remember which OS version exactly) if i call my card from my application then the app is stop working without any response when the child card closed.

i still wondering why in the previous version this application is working fine with that code.

anyway, thanks for the help. it's solved now :smileyhappy: