Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Invocation by custom url scheme?

Is this possible? I did not find anything relevant when looking through the documentation, and some small experiments all failed.

We use this mechanism on iOS and Android, and since the BDS does not support custom IT policies (which we use on BB OS) i wanted to implement the configuration using a custom url scheme.

example:

myapp://configurl=http://myurl

Does this work at all? If not, do you have another idea how we could provision our application dynamically?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Alpha 10, Bold 9900, Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Curve 9320, Curve 8900
My Carrier: All

Re: Invocation by custom url scheme?

I am also interested with this requirement. As old Blackberry developement, it can be realized by PatternRepository. But don't know how to do the similar thing in BB10. Thank you for anyone can guide it in detail.

p(^_^)q
Good good study, day day up
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Invocation by custom url scheme?

I also tried a custom file extension, but my device was very clear that it could not display such an abomination.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter