Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: verizon

Invocation - quick question

[ Edited ]

Simple-quick question - should other applications be able to read from sharewith folder? I put a file in there and my share invocation doesn't go through but if I put the file in shared folder then the share invocation works fine. The app has shared_access permssion.

Am I understanding the docs wrong or have I found a bug in 10.1 sdk?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: verizon

Invocation Help Needed

Hi,

I have spent all weekend trying to add share multiple files functionality using unbound invocation at the request of the users of my app but the files I want to share are stored in my apps data folder for privacy.

I can share one file at a time when the file is in the data folder but when I try to share a list of files from the data folder the share invocation will just not complete with no error as it does when the files can't be accessed.

If I copy the files I'd like to share to shared/photos folder first then run the code the list of files are shared perfectly so why can i not share a list of files directly from my data folder?

I need to keep the files private which is why they are stored in the data folder.

Really could do with an expert on this as 2 days & nights as got me nowhere!

Thanks 

John.