Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
davide13
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

InvokeActionItem 10.2

With the upgrade at the 10.2 my apps with the InvokeActionItem for the BlackBerry World don't wok anymore. Any suggestions?

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Re: InvokeActionItem 10.2

I was just coming here to report the same thing for BB10 Browser invocation. It worked fine on 10.0 and 10.1, but after updating to 10.2.0.1791 yesterday my app will no longer invoke the browser. C'mon BlackBerry, this is a VERY serious bug to be introduced by an OS upgrade. Everybody using my app will find it broken once they upgrade to 10.2. The console displays this...

WARNING: InvocationWrapper::onQueryFinished: no matching result from Menu Service for query
   mimeType="text/html"
   uri=QUrl("http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/26/internet-archive-classic-software/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Fee... 
   data= "" 
   metadata= QMap() 
   perimeter= 0 
   action= "bb.action.OPEN" 
   target= "sys.browser" 
   invokerIncluded= false

davide13 wrote:

With the upgrade at the 10.2 my apps with the InvokeActionItem for the BlackBerry World don't wok anymore. Any suggestions?

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
davide13

I have the same message in the console

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

With BlackBerry rolling out 10.2 worldwide as we speak, we'd better get a fix for this ASAP or there are going to be huge numbers of broken apps out there.

davide13 wrote:

I have the same message in the console

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

[ Edited ]

Just noticed something very strange... my BlackBerry World invocation still works... only my Browser invocation is failing.

UPDATE: Just installed the 10.2.0.1791 simulator, which matches the OS on my Z10, and the Browser invocation works fine. It is just on the actual device where it is failing.

Please use plain text.
Developer
davide13

I find the solution for the invoke for the BlackBerry World, I change http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/.. with appworld://content/..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
danywarner
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

There is an issue regarding to the InvokeActionItem on 10.2, if you specify the target id, it won't even appear as an item on the action bar. I posted this some days ago: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/InvokeActionItem-Not-visible-on-Z30/td-p/2...

and this ticket was opened in order to get an official response:https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1765

Developer of Easy Memes
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Thanks for pointing this out. I confirm that in my app the only invocation that is failing is one where I specify a target ID. This is a very serious bug since there are probably hundreds or thousands of apps that suddenly stopped working with the recent worldwide rollout of BB 10.2. The worst part is that the vast majority of affected developers will not know there is a problem till a user reports the bug. I use my own app daily, but I rarely use the affected feature so I only noticed it after a few days.

This a particularly onerous for me since the affected feature in my app only makes sense if I can invoke the BB10 Browser specifically. If the user's device has other apps registered to handle the invocation and the user chooses one of them to handle the invocation results are unpredictable. Even if BlackBerry fixes this quickly it will be some time before it rolls out to the world, and in the meantime we developers are in limbo.

danywarner wrote:

There is an issue regarding to the InvokeActionItem on 10.2, if you specify the target id, it won't even appear as an item on the action bar. I posted this some days ago: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/InvokeActionItem-Not-visible-on-Z30/td-p/2...

and this ticket was opened in order to get an official response:https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1765

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

More Information: 

On further testing I see the following "Warnings" reported in the console when I try to invoke the browser:

WARNING: InvocationWrapper::onQueryFinished: no matching result from Menu Service for query
   mimeType="text/html"
   uri=QUrl("http://<myUrl>") 
   data= "" 
   metadata= QMap() 
   perimeter= 0 
   action= "bb.action.OPEN" 
   target= "sys.browser" 
   invokerIncluded= false
WARNING: InvokeActionItemPrivate::updateActionSet: final query state = "NoMatch"

Note that the target= line correctly refers to sys.browser. When I added code to get the list of suitable invocation handlers, my device reported two, one of which was sys.browser, so that "NoMatch" error is clearly wrong.

Also, this bug seems to have an additional side effect. Although I can pick the Browser from the list of two handlers that pops up when I try the invocation, it cannot be saved as the default. Every time it is invoked it asks you to select from the list again.

I have added this info in a comment on the bug tracker page and upvoted it to hopefully draw more attention.

Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

[ Edited ]

are you guys doing this from qml?

I had issues about a year ago in 10.0 with it and switched to a c++ version that still works on the latest update

I just tested and this works as well

*Assuming a context property is setup in this example it's cpp.

applicationUI.cpp

#include <bb/system/InvokeRequest>
#include <bb/system/InvokeManager>
#include <bb/system/InvokeTargetReply>

void ApplicationUI::invokeBrowser()
{
	InvokeManager manager;
	InvokeRequest request;

// Setup what to show and in what target.
	request.setTarget("sys.browser");
	request.setAction("bb.action.OPEN");
	request.setUri("http://www.blackberry.com/");
	InvokeTargetReply *targetReply = manager.invoke(request);
	//setting the parent to "this" will make the manager live on after this function is destroyed
	manager.setParent(this);

if (targetReply == NULL) {
		qDebug() << "InvokeTargetReply is NULL: targetReply = " << targetReply;
	} else {
		targetReply->setParent(this);
	}
}

applicationUI.hpp

public:
    ApplicationUI(bb::cascades::Application *app);
    virtual ~ApplicationUI() { }

Q_INVOKABLE void invokeBrowser();