Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
samdanishaik
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Invoking Media Player using BB10 cascades APIs

Hi,

Basically clicking on a video item in my app I want to launch native Media Player in landscape mode. I am able to invoke media player using Invoke Manager but in Portrait mode only. I would like to know how to invoke media player using invoke manager in landscape mode.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
s_rashid
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Invoking Media Player using BB10 cascades APIs

Hi @samdanishaik,

The Media Player Card app takes the orientation of the app which is invoking it. If your app's orientation is set to Portrat only, then that is what you will follow.

If you are restricted to keeping portrait mode *everywhere* else in your app, excepting the Media Player Card app page, then you can just programmatically set the orientation to Landscape only, right before you invoke the Media Player Card app. However, note that the user should be able to peek back and see the previous Page of your app, in Landscape orientation (since the Media Player card app would just transition from the right like any another NavigationPane Page from where the user can back to).

Hope this helps and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Rashid

Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations

BlackBerry
@surashid

Please use plain text.