Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
richardyiu
My Device: Not Specified

Is bzlib included in NDK?

Hi,

I am planning to compile an app that uses both SDL and bzlib.  I know SDL is supported by NDK.  Is  bzlib supported by NDK too?

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Is bzlib included in NDK?

Hi,

bzlib is included with the NDK, bzlib.h can be found at <BBNDK_DIR>\target\qnx6\usr\include. This path should be added by default to your project.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
richardyiu

thanks,  I will give it a try in the weekend

New Developer
richardyiu

I am trying to compile a game called Simutrans which the source can be download ed here: http://github.com/aburch/simutrans

I choose import -> C/C++ -> Existing Code as Makefile project.  After I click on the build project, these warnings appear.  I am not quite sure what needs to be done.  I tried to take a look at the NDK's getting started page but it doesn't help much.

Description Resource Path Location Type
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD C:/ndk-2.0.0-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) Simutrans [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem
Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD C:/ndk-2.0.0-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c) Simutrans [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem
Program 'g++' is not found in $PATH Simutrans [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem
Program 'gcc' is not found in $PATH Simutrans [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

This would not do what you want, because it will import project to be compiled for the HOST (i..e windows).

You need to create BBT OS Project and select Makefile project. Then you can import the source code into existing project. Depends on how makefile written it may or may not work. You probably would have to change makefile

to add options to gcc to cross compile for arm