Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to access the Fm Radio from the third-party application layer on a Blackberry 10?

Hi all,

I'm interested in programming a custom FM Radio tuner application for a Blackberry 10 device (Q5, Q10, or Z30) -- I know these devices have the necessary hardware to receive FM Radio, and that the OS includes an FM Radio application, but can applications without any special permissions access/control the FM Radio tuner?  If so, where are the APIs for FM Radio on Blackberry 10 (I couldn't find any under the various SDK options)?

Assuming the answer to the above question is affirmative, can third-party applications access the audio PCM received by the FM Radio chipset? If so, how?

thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Is it possible to access the Fm Radio from the third-party application layer on a Blackberry 10?

I don't believe so. FM radio capability was not added until 10.2.1, which did not have an associated SDK release, since there was no new APIs.

If this is a feature you are interested in, the best option is to log it on the Developer Issue Tracker:

DIT

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker