Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
j2theowens
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to have different text on the action menu than on the action bar?

I want to have text on the action menu such as "Start my meeting" and have a title on the tab of the action bar that just says "Meeting" since start my meeting is hard to fit. Is this possible?

Thanks once again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Is it possible to have different text on the action menu than on the action bar?

[ Edited ]

There is but it's not exactly pretty, you can hook into the ActionMenuVisualStateChanged signal and change the text on showing then hook into the signal again to replace on the way out.

[Edit] The reason I say it's not pretty is that with your example if any of the ActionItem is visible on the bar then the text will noticably change.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Is it possible to have different text on the action menu than on the action bar?

The code...

Page {
    actions: [
        ActionItem {
            id: aiFirst
            ActionBar.placement: ActionBarPlacement.OnBar
            title: qsTr("First")
        },
        DeleteActionItem {

}
    ]

onActionMenuVisualStateChanged: {
        if (actionMenuVisualState == ActionMenuVisualState.AnimatingToVisibleFull) {
            aiFirst.title = qsTr("First and still the best")
        } else if (actionMenuVisualState == ActionMenuVisualState.AnimatingToHidden) {
            aiFirst.title = qsTr("First")    	    
        }
    }

[ ... ]

}

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
j2theowens
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thanks so much! It works like a charm. I only wish there was a way to do it before the animation as opposed to after the animation.

Please use plain text.